Monday, October 26, 2009

Bad Romace

So my friend Amanda is in this class called Sex and Society, where they have to do a survey questioning people about how they handle love, relationships, etc. Here are my responses:

1.When is the last time you went on a date? With whom? Where did you go? What did you do?

Oh wow, uh.... Summer '08 would be the last time I went on a formal date, with a nice guy named.... ummm.... Andrew. Andrew Betz. We went to Hard Rock where we had a semi-awkward conversation for a while, and I think about halfway through we realized we'd just be friends at best. Then we went to old navy cuz they were having a sale on flip flops, and then we both went home... to our separate homes.


2.Describe your ideal date

Well, I hear that when first dating, the general rule is "Drinks is the audition, Lunch is the interview, and Dinner is Romance", and I guess that stays true. Drinks or Coffee is great for the first date, somewhere fun like Johnny Rockets for lunch, but then instead of dinner, something fun like going to the zoo or concert of a mutually enjoyed band would be great.


3.What was the worst date you have been on?

Worst date would definitely have to be my junior year when a guy came up for a date-ish kind of situation where he joined me for Wednesday Night Dinner, a big thing me and my friends did every wednesday. We had a mutual friend who was there and helped ease any awkward tension, because I was incredibly nervous and he was incredibly attractive. Two of my friends came to WND who had apparently broken up the night before, so they were both all sorts of needy-gimme-attention, which really didn't help my nervousness. Finally, Julian, Tamar and I went back to my apartment and watched some TV. A couple weeks later, I found out that my one "Friend" had been flirting with Julian on Facebook after meeting him at wednesday night dinner, and they'd hung out and made out. I was not a happy camper.


4.Define love. How do you know you love someone? How do you let someone know you love them?

Love is... Love is a splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love! :-) No, seriously though, being in love is this amazing feeling when two people just know that they don't know how they've ever lived life without this person, and never want to live life without them again. Generally, it's not hard to let someone know you're in love with them, because they're likely in love with you too.
Unrequited love, on the other hand, is usually just Lustions (a term I made up combining Lust and Emotions) and it's always a difficult situation (trust me, I'm really good at it.)


5.Define romance. What are ways of being romantic?

Romance is... hmm. I guess it all depends on the couple. Romance could be curling up on the couch under a heavy blanket staring at the fire in the fireplace. It could be going to a death metal show. Could be a night out on the town. I think "romance" is whatever they could enjoy doing by themselves but are enjoying it so much more because they're with each other.



6.Define sex

Oh man... that's very difficult, esp cuz it all depends on the couple. Of course oral sex counts as sex, but I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as standard penetrative sex. Handjobs are basically foreplay. When it comes to sex and what counts as virginity-losing sex depends on what the person wants to do. For instance, if you have a girl that never, ever wants to have penetrative vaginal sex, then likely "losing the v-card" would happen at oral. On the other extreme, a versatile gay man, active and receptive anal sex may be considered two very different things, which brings up the concept of multiple virginities (something many people believe in, but many do not.)


7.What is sexy to you? What do you do be sexy?

I dunno, things that I find sexy are just when a guy is totally confident with himself enough to make things that aren't about sex, about sex. Like, I'd love to wake up to my man cooking me breakfast in nothing but an apron, or taking a shower with him.
I'm different in when I try to be sexy, because I'm a really innocent guy with a dirty streak. ...which just sounds like I don't wash my underwear. Gross. But I mean like I just like being silly and ridiculous with my guy, which shows confidence in a different way. I'm that guy that turns on the radio and dances like no one's watching, which I've had guys (and girls) tell me is actually kinda sexy in it's own right.




What do you guys think? Agree/Disagree? Your own responses?

No comments:

Post a Comment