Sunday, September 26, 2010

Red-Headed Slut

So Kathy Griffin is a fucking genius.

And she has every ounce of it planned.


I've finally broken down the Kathy Griffin Formula.

See, for a while, I just didn't understand Kathy Griffin. When I saw her in interviews or on the red carpet, she was just a total raucous bitch.



(Yes, this is the ONLY version of that clip I could find.)

I just couldn't understand her appeal. She kind of reminded me of Lisa Lampanelli, who's just gross. I didn't understand how Kathy had such a large group of loyal Griffins.

Then I actually watched some of her stand up.



Notice how she's softer spoken, she smiles, she reacts to the audience...
She performs her stand up like she's hanging with a group of her galpals.
And yes, that draws you in. It feels raw, unaldulterated, and passionate - and that makes it funny.

She purposefully does her stand-up in a way that makes it feel like you're privy to a conversation that the rest of the world isn't - which is the same way Kathy makes her life out to be when she interacts with the "A-List". She then passes that knowledge down to us loyal followers, and she feels like that one girl we knew in high school who was wicked talented, then we run into her later on and she's still the same girl, but she's famous as shit and still doesn't understand how it happened. Now you two have lunch every other week, and you precede every conversation with "oh, spill the beans guuuurl!"

That, my friends, is Kathy Griffin.

And you know what?

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment