Saturday, October 17, 2009

can't stop, won't stop

So I think I'm gonna start doing this thing where I stay up late and start rambling on this blog. I find those to be the most fun I have posting... and as much as I love the people that read this, it's really more of a me thing (though I listen! If there's something you want me to write about, leave me an idea!)

I want to write about my future wedding.

Okay, yeah, I don't know who it's going to be with, nor do I know when, nor am I a groomzilla who needs everything done his way and is actually seriously talking wedding plan sans groom.

No, I'm just having fun here.

but really though.
let's talk about this shit.

So my wedding will take place on the beach. I've always loved the beach. It's so pretty, and sandy! I'll probably have to do a bunch of sit ups first and find a way to make waterproof formalwear, because once the "I do"'s have been said, we're going to run into the ocean and have our kiss. It will be big and romantic and we'll probably giggle through the whole thing... and then everyone will run into the water and join us! We'll have a regular party in the water for a little bit, while the crew sets up the dance floor, DJ, and bar on the sand. Myself and my groomsmen (and my husband, if he's into it) will get changed and get ready for the wedding dance. It'll start off all nice and traditional and beautiful until the music switches from a gorgeous pop ballad to hardcore hip hop. My groomsmen will launch out from behind the speakers, and we'll have a choreographed krump routine. Then, maybe, we'll switch it up to disco halfway though.

Then, we drink. We drink like fucking pros. We will drink so much that Tara Reid would say "...damn, son - you wanna slow down?"

...but I guess I have to fall in love first, huh?
Well, I can manage that. It's been a long time since I've been in love... but I think I know what the perfect relationship is supposed to be like...:

"She thinks I'm crazy.
Judging by the faces that she's making.
And I think she's pretty.
But pretty's just part of the things she does that amaze me.
And she calls me sweetheart.
I love it when she wakes me when it's still dark.
And she watches the sun.
But she's the only one I have my eyes on."
-The Maine, I Must Be Dreaming

"Lets turn the lights down low,
Turn the lights down, I got a movie
We can watch until you fall asleep on my chest
So tell me right now,
So tell me right now, is there any place
You’d rather be other than here, lets forget the rest
And I swear I swear when I first saw you
And talked to you, you’d give me purpose
With every single word you’d say
You took my breath away

I am so high I’m never coming down
Because you’re mine, and you’ve decided to stay around
And as time is taken away, you stay the same, you stay the same
You stay here with me"
-The Follow Through, So High

Yeah, I think I've got it. So where is my mystery man?
Well, I've waited 22 long years to find him... okay, well 6 years if we're only counting from when I came out at 16, but still... I'm patient. Considering I'm looking for the dork I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with, I can be patient. Try a few guys out. Figure it out the hard way. I'm sure as hell not desperate, and I'm not going to fall for the first pair of pretty eyes that bats their lashes at me (...what??) while I don't have the highest self-esteem, I do respect myself and always will. ...it's cause I'm bamf.

What was I talking about?

Oh yeah.

I also want a moon bounce at my wedding.

And I will DJ my wedding. And it will be fantastic. because I'm amazing. My fiance/husband better love my playlist, or I'll killbill his ass.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this sleepytime wedding rant. You know I'm not particularly girly or romantic and I can't even understand keeping a husband or being monogamous for life, but I do want to really find such a comfort and joy with someone.
    And I totally do the wedding thing. People say every little girl plans their wedding but I didn't really do that as much. I only have my heart set on little things: I want buttons, actual buttons that button, down the back (it may be a low back though) of the dress. I don't like jordache almonds. If people are sitting in groups at round tables, when the food is served, I want the whole table served at once. then move on to the next table. and you know I WANT A MOONBOUNCE!

    I often sort of "plan" it. I think, if I were to get married RIGHT NOW, who would I invite? I think about the locale and food (but I would need a big input from the spouse here, so mostly that's blank) and I think about, you know, the wedding party, etc.
    I was thinking about the bridal party. My cousin Jenny is closest to me but then what about my other female cousins? plus if there is a separate bridal-party-table I wouldn't want one to be away from all the cousins. I've got two friends who def be on the list, although I've got another who might feel kinda bad, I am sure she would understand if she wasn't. And you know? If I got married tomorrow, I'd ask you and Matt to be attendants. Because Matt (and maybe Jenn/Rachel/Amanda) would be good at calming my nerves and keeping track of details. When I'm all like, Guys, guys I'm scared, guys this is a big deal, I don't want to do this, Matt would be like, Shut up Claudia, you know you totally do. And he'd be right. and you would be like BUT CLAUDIA you're getting married! how much fucking fun is that! wahooo!!!!!!
    and you would also be right!


    But I considered something. I know they put the guys on one side and the girls on the other because those are their roles and it looks aesthetically pleasing, the symmetry. But if I can see you from where I'm standing because you're behind the groom, and you start crying, I would totally start crying, and if I can see you and Matt, I would really really want to make silly faces at you! So, um, you might have to be behind me. hahah!

    Alex your beach wedding is going to be so classy and fun, just like you : )

    ReplyDelete