Friday, July 31, 2009

more adventures in cyber-dating

Whoops! Didn't mean to forget about this!

More adventures in manhunt dating...

a) got awkwardly pressured by a guy who really, really wanted to blow me. It was the strangest combination of incredibly aroused and panic-attacky I've ever had. Did I mention I'm not into meeting strangers off the internet for sex? Okay good.

b) "Hey Norristown Here wana use my hole no talking no faces?"
Does something about "interested in an LTR" scream "fuck my anonymous ass"? Just curious as to if I'm sending out the wrong signals here.

c) 99% sure that this one guy made two profiles just to get in mah pants. They had almost the same text, though they contained very different pictures. I had been ignoring the first one, and then the other started messaging me, then gave me his screenname... which belonged to the other guy. Classy.



I've tried a bunch of dating sites and nothing seems to work... but meeting guys is really hard when you don't know who's gay and who's not.

I was pretty sure I had seen my ex on my train the other day. Man, was that awkward. I'm pretty sure I just stared at a stranger for a while wondering if it was my ex. So, because I now find this situation funny, I decided to be silly.
I remembered that Craigslist has Missed Connections. I also remembered that some people purposefully post humorous things on Craigslist. So I decided to be unapologetically awkward and post this today:


R1 Train to Philly on Sunday - m4m - 21 (Philadelphia)



Me: 5'9", short Brown hair, White button-up shirt, Sunburnt, big green backpack, had to awkwardly ask strangers what stop we were at
You: Unknown height, blond-tipped faux-hawk, probably around 23? Going somewhere past Suburban Station

I was staring at you awkwardly because you looked ridiculously like my ex. ...sorry about that.
Really though... you could be his long lost maybe-fraternal-but-are-they-identical?-I-can't-tell twin.
I just wanted to let you know I wasn't being creepy. Just... confused.

If you actually were my ex... well then I guess that's even more awkward, huh? hmm.

Well, that's all.

--------------

If that's not funny, I don't know what is.
I am a riot. Laugh it up, people.
Seriously though, I'm about to turn to twitter or something for dating.
"Hey, I saw u tweeted abt #sytycd and ur kinda cute. U nrby?"

No, I don't tweet like that. Just check the sidebar! (I do flirt like that though. I'm awkward in public.)



(HASHTAG H-O-T-T HAHA LOL you wanna go the-number-four coffee?)

No comments:

Post a Comment